Spicewood Vet Clinic is seeking a full-time Veterinary Assistant. Clinic experience is not necessary. On-the-job training will require working at the front desk learning Client Services as well as in the back working with our Veterinary Technicians.
Spicewood Vet Clinic is located in Spicewood, Texas. We are a full-service animal hospital that offers both clinic and house call appointments, welcomes emergency treatment cases, and pet patients in need of routine medical, surgical, and dental care.
Job Description: Spicewood Vet Clinic Veterinary Technician Assistant’s primary duties include but are not limited to; assisting the Veterinary
Technicians and veterinarians with nursing care for a variety of animals, pharmaceuticals, surgical assistance, anesthesia monitoring, animal restraint, emergency first aid and lifesaving procedures, driving our mobile care truck, and assisting Client Services with phones, scheduling, check-ins, follow-ups, and more.
Workdays are weekdays and every other Saturday. Hours and days of availability will be further discussed during the interview process.
- Must live in the Spicewood, Marble Falls, Bee Cave, Dripping Springs, and Lakeway area. Please do not apply if you do not live in or near one of these areas.
- Confidence in working around and handling dogs, cats, pocket pets, and large animals.
- Capable to work in a medical environment.
- Ability to perform heavy lifting
- Ability to work outside in every climate
- Ability to work in a client’s home respectfully
- Must have a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Strong Multitasking Skills
- Very Efficient
- Interest in working with people and interacting with clients
- Outgoing personality
- Desire to grow knowledge in the veterinary field
- Great communication skills
- Can handle a fast-paced environment without becoming overly stressed
- Can work in an environment with loud noises and constant interruptions without becoming overtaxed
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary depends on experience; merit raises will be given based on growth
and job performance.
- Opportunities for on-going training and mentoring